If you own a business in Houston, then you know how important it is to keep your bathrooms clean and functioning properly. Your customers and employees expect it, and you should too. Over time, though, urinals can start to have problems. That’s where a Houston commercial plumber such as Power Plumbing comes in. We can take care of all your commercial plumbing needs, from fixing broken urinals to installing new ones. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the most common urinal problems and how our Texas commercial plumbing company can fix them.
Why Call a Houston Commercial Plumber for Urinal Issues
Urinals are a necessary part of any business with a public restroom, but they can also be a source of headaches for property managers and owners. If you’ve ever had a clogged urinal, you know how disruptive it can be to your business.
Not only are they unsightly, but they can also cause sewage backups and create a bad odor. This can make your employees and customers uncomfortable, lead to lost business, and damage your reputation.
Fortunately, you can avoid these problems by calling a Houston commercial plumber when you first notice an issue. A commercial plumber has the experience and tools to fix any urinal problem quickly. They can also offer advice on how to prevent future issues.
Common Urinal Problems to Call Your Houston Commercial Plumber About
There are many things that can potentially go wrong with urinals. Keep an eye out in your restroom facilities for these common issues:
1. Clogged Drains
One of the most common urinal problems is a clogged drain. It can happen when too much debris builds up in the drain, causing a blockage and slow drainage.
Slow drains can be a nuisance, as they can cause water to build up in the urinal and lead to bad smells. They can also make it difficult to use the urinal, as you may have to wait a long time for the water to drain completely.
If you notice water backing up in your urinal or slow draining, it’s time to call a commercial plumber.
Clogged drains can usually be fixed with one of the following:
- Drain weasel: This is a small, hand-held tool that can remove small clogs.
- Drain auger: This is a long, flexible tool that can be used to reach clogs that are further down the drain.
- Hydro jetting: Hydro jetting uses high-pressure water jets to clear clogs in drain pipes. It is a more effective option for severe blockages.
2. Broken Flushing
If you’ve ever tried to use a urinal that isn’t flushing, it is either due to water not flowing to your property or a problem with the flushing mechanism. By far the most common reason is an issue with the flushing mechanism.
Some of the most common urinal flushing components that can break are:
- The handle: If the handle doesn’t work, it can’t activate the flushing mechanism.
- The flush valve: This is the part of the urinal that activates the water flow. If it’s broken, it won’t be able to flush the urine down the drain.
- The ballcock: This device controls the water level in the urinal. If it’s faulty, it can make it so there’s not enough water in the tank to flush properly.
- The siphon: This is the part of the urinal that sucks up the urine and sends it down the drain. If it’s clogged, it won’t be able to do its job.
A faulty flush valve or a bad seal around the urinal can also lead to leaks. They can be pretty annoying, as they can cause water to drip onto the floor and make a mess. They can also waste a lot of water if they’re not fixed quickly.
A Houston commercial plumber can identify which component is causing the problem and provide repairs. In some cases, it might be best to replace the entire urinal if it’s old or damaged.
3. Low Flush Pressure
Low flush pressure can be a real issue for commercial buildings. If the pressure isn’t strong enough, the urinal won’t flush properly, and waste will build up over time leading to nasty smells and unsanitary conditions.
Fortunately, low flush pressure is usually a pretty easy problem to fix. In most cases, it’s just an issue with the flush valve, and it can be adjusted or replaced relatively easily.
So, if you’re experiencing low flush pressure in your urinals, don’t hesitate to call our commercial plumbing company. They’ll be able to take care of the problem for you and get your urinals running smoothly again.
4. High Flush Pressure
High flush pressure can be just as big of an issue as low flush pressure. If the pressure is too high, it can cause the water to splash onto the people using the urinals. This can be quite unpleasant, not to mention unsanitary.
Fortunately, high flush pressure is usually just as easy to fix as low flush pressure. In most cases, it’s simply an issue with the flush valve and can be adjusted or replaced without difficulty.
5. Cracks and Chips
Like any other bathroom equipment, urinals can develop cracks and chips over time. These can be caused by several things, such as age, use, and temperature. Cracks and chips can lead to some problems, such as:
- Leaks: Water can leak out if there’s a crack or chip in the urinal. This can be quite annoying, not to mention a waste of water.
- Nasty smells: If urine can seep through the cracks and chips, it can lead to nasty smells, which can be quite off-putting for customers or employees.
- Unsanitary conditions: If cracks and chips are big enough, they can provide a breeding ground for bacteria, leading to unsanitary conditions and potentially making people sick.
If you notice any cracks or chips in your urinals, it’s important to have them fixed as soon as possible. A Houston commercial plumber can repair or replace the urinal quickly and easily.
Why Choose Power Plumbing as Your Trusted Houston Commercial Plumber
If you need a reliable and experienced Houston commercial plumbing service, look no further than Power Plumbing. We’ve been providing top-notch plumbing services to businesses throughout the state for over 40 years and have built up a reputation for being the best in the business.
No matter what type of commercial plumbing issue you’re facing, our team of experienced plumbers will be able to quickly and efficiently take care of it for you. We understand that time is money for businesses, so we’ll always work quickly to get the job done right the first time. Contact us today to schedule service for your property.